Now that you are a mom and have this little precious baby at home, you want to do everything in your power to make sure they are healthy and away from anything that could be harsh or harmful to their health.
You’ve considered buying over the counter baby food but let’s be honest, there are preservatives and other ingredients that you are just not excited about giving your baby, so what’s your option? I have the perfect answer, make your own baby food. Let’s take a look at the NutriBullet Baby Food Making System and an alternative choice.
Where to buy: Amazon
Rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars
Reviews: 2,524 customer reviews on Amazon
- Make fresh, delicious food with wholesome ingredients
- Prepare, store, and freeze for grab-and-go convenience.
- Dishwasher-safe for quick and easy cleanup
- Included: (1) 200-watt motor base, (1) baby, blending blade, (1) 32 ounce (900 milliliters) batch bowl with lid, (1) 12 ounce (355 milliliters) short cup with handles and re-sealable lid, (6) storage cups with date ring lids and storage tray, (1) silicone freezer tray with lid and recipe book
- Batch bowl and cups are made of non-toxic, BPA-free, super-durable plastic
- Included components: Motor base, batch bowl, storage containers with a date dial to track freshness, 12-ounce silicone tray
- Make healthy, delicious, all-natural baby food that’s perfect for every stage of development
- 1-yr limited warranty
- Comes with 20 Pieces Including a baby cookbook
- BPA Free
- Small and uses little counter space
- Easy to clean
- Reports that the rubber underneath the blade starts to wear off like producing dusty rubber remnants that get into baby food
- Reports that the baby bullet doesn’t last long and starts to leak after a couple of months
This isn’t a sales pitch.
Making your baby food is something you will love and believe me, you’ll be so happy you made this choice for your baby. You can make your own food days in advance and with everything being made at home, in your kitchen, you don’t have to worry about what you are feeding your baby because you have it all right in front of you. When I first started feeding my son baby food I was like this. I was afraid to give him store-bought food because I know the shelf life is close to six months so there must be preservatives in it that I am not happy giving my baby.
After doing some research I decided to try the NutriBullet Baby, and it did not disappoint. I must say though, there were some mixed reviews from other moms as you will see below. I had my Baby Bullet for about 4 months and never had a problem with it but everyone has a different experience. So, to remain unbiased, I have included anonymous reviews, one with the most stars and the one with the least.
Take a look at these reviews from people who have bought and used the product.
Verified Amazon Reviews
5 Star Review from Verified Purchaser:
I loved this item! It was a good purchase. I have a 6-month-old baby, and I refuse to feed her any type of processed food even if it says “organic”. I make all of her baby food with the baby bullet. The jars are so convenient. I take baby food with us when we go out on dates to feed her. The handbook is helpful because it tells you which foods are safe to feed for each age group. I highly recommend this product. You won’t regret purchasing. It’s easy to use, and easy to clean. It is nice to make your baby’s food instead of purchasing jars, which who knows how long they have been sitting at the store. The food is fresh, and healthy for your little one!
1 Star Review from Verified Purchaser:
This is a terrible product. It catches new parents, but it’s incredibly annoying to make baby food with, the quality of the parts are SO cheap, it has caused me so much frustration in the last couple of months. Wish I applied the money to a real blender. Just saw how everyone’s black rubber piece is leaching into the food, that is just awesome since mine is doing the same.
Is This For You?
Making baby food at home gives peace of mind. Knowing that you are feeding your baby healthy fruits and veggies free from any chemicals and preservatives, but if I base my review on both the good and bad reviews of other parents, I would say to try the alternative product. The deteriorating rubber is a problem that many moms have faced after careful review and not something I would recommend. It’s too risky.
Final Answer: No
If you are worried about the safety of the product, as an alternative I recommend going with the NutriBullet Pro.
Not only can it be used for more than baby food, but it has a higher wattage and will last longer than the Baby Bullet. Even after your baby is older you will get much more use out of this blender. The price is a little more expensive at 80$ but, it’s of better, sturdier construction.
Nutribullet Pro Highlights:
- With 900 watts of power, the Pro is faster and stronger than the original, but just as simple to use. Load it up with dense whole foods like nuts, seeds, hard fruits, and kale, then push, twist, and blend your way to a healthier lifestyle.
- Optimized 900-watt motor and refined nutrient extraction blades blend The toughest whole foods into nutritious shakes, smoothies, and nut butter.
- Included: (1) 900W motor base, (1) Extractor blade, (2) 32 oz. Cup, (2) to-go lid, (2) lip ring, (2) lip ring with handle and recipe book
- Powerful stainless steel Extractor blades use Cyclonic action to break down tough ingredients. High-performance, BPA-free plastic cups are long-lasting and Durable.
- Hassle-free cleaning – simply twist off the blade, rinse with soap and water, and put the cups in the top rack of the dishwasher. This item comes with a 1 year Limited.
Whether you decide to go with the Baby NutriBullet or the Nutribullet Pro, you are making a great choice. I think it’s a wonderful idea to make your baby’s food at home and although it’s more effort than running to the supermarket, it’s a lot healthier for your baby.
If you are a new mom, I recommend this baby cookbook for you and your baby. This is the book I used when I first started my baby food making journey and it was such a blessing to have in the house. It has great recipes for your baby and toddler.
“Nothing compares with making your own baby food: It’s fresh and unprocessed, you choose what goes into it, and it is a delicious way to introduce your child to a world of flavors. In Real Baby Food, Jenna Helwig helps you fit this loving act into a busy day’s routine by making the process easy, fast, and flexible with 100 meals to begin a lifetime of healthy eating—from the moment your baby takes her first bite of solid food through her toddler years when she’s happily ensconced in a booster seat at the family table.”
I hope you found this post to be helpful with your new mom’s journey. Just remember, you are doing a great thing by making your baby food at home. Your baby will get so many benefits from this and you as a mom should feel proud for everything you are doing to ensure your baby’s health.
I would love to hear from you. Have you tried making your baby food at home? How was your experience?
Please share below and I will be sure to get back to you.
Thanks for reading my latest post.
Ready to start the transition from a bottle to a sippy cup?