Remember when you were a kid and your mom or dad brought you home that one building set that put all others to shame? Yes, that one. The classic Lego building set. It was so much fun to just sit for hours and build over and over, creating your own masterpieces, putting your brain to work, and even though we didn’t know it at the time, we were building some of the most crucial components of our imaginations and fine motor skills.
Lego Duplo sets for boys and girls are probably some of the best toys you can buy for your little ones. They encourage your child to think and be creative; to solve problems and follow directions. My son Jayden loves his Lego Duplo’s. We have gotten him so many sets, which is one of the reasons I wanted to share this post with you. I love watching my little one play and build and be creative.
When we first get his set, we open it up, dump out all the pieces and go through the direction booklet together. He looks at the pictures with me and follows along as we build, and most often than not, he’d rather put the pieces together himself as I watch and guide him. His three-year-old mind is developing so quickly, and this is one major component I don’t want him to miss out on.
There are so many sets to choose from, but below I will list the five sets we introduced to Jayden that have helped him flourish and helped nurture his imagination. The sets I have chosen can easily work for boys or girls which we love, and all are available on Amazon.
LEGO DUPLO Town Modular Playhouse with Furniture and a Family – 59.99
- With the LEGO DUPLO 3-in-1 dollhouse playset, toddlers develop fine motor, social and emotional skills as they build, play, redesign, and play again!
- As parents share magical role-play fun, kids learn about everyday life, such as cooking, mealtime, and bedtime routines, and practice building skills by rebuilding the set into a tower house, then again as a residential house!
- This playhouse with kitchen, living room, bathroom, and a bedroom is packed with realistic details, such as an opening fridge, and includes mom, dad, child, dog, and teddy bear figures, plus many fun accessories
- This 3-in-1 LEGO DUPLO playhouse provides so much for toddlers to explore, discover and learn that it’s a great gift for children ages 2+
- The main playhouse measures over 14” (36cm) high, 15” (39cm) wide, and 3” (10cm) deep and combines with other LEGO DUPLO sets to expand kids’ creative play and learning possibilities.
LEGO DUPLO Town Bakery Play Café – 29.99
- The awesome LEGO DUPLO bakery and café provides toddlers, parents, and caregivers with lots of role-playing fun to share together, and is an ideal LEGO starter set, packed with playful learning for kids to enjoy
- Toddlers develop fine motor, and social and emotional skills as they build, play, redesign and play again with this busy bakery and cupcake delivery set
- At the awesome LEGO DUPLO bakery, kids can help the baker cook with the mixing machine and oven, serve food and toy cakes in the café, then drive the van to deliver cupcakes
- Boys and girls ages 2+ will love playing out imaginative stories with the LEGO DUPLO Bakery with café and delivery van
- The main building measures over 5” (15cm) high, 7” (19cm) wide, and 4” (11cm) deep and combines with other LEGO DUPLO sets.
LEGO DUPLO Town Big Fair – 79.99
- Enjoy a day at the super fun LEGO DUPLO Town Big Fair! Toddlers can role-play riding the Ferris wheel or pretend they’re riding on the carousel. This amusement park toy includes large building blocks, the perfect size for toddlers learning to play!
- Includes 106 LEGO DUPLO building blocks to create a toy carnival with a Ferris wheel, merry-go-round, and 5 LEGO DUPLO figures. Boys and girls will love to role play with this amusement park building set featuring interactive child development toys.
- Features a Ferris wheel with 3 cars and a turning function to help toddlers develop spatial awareness through play, a rotating carousel with 4 horse figures, 2 wavy slides, and a train with a carriage for pretend rides and amusement park role play.
- Toddlers will enjoy creative and imaginative role-playing with the LEGO DUPLO Town Big Fair set, which is compatible with all LEGO DUPLO building bricks for endless make-believe fun!
- Ferris wheel measures over 14-inch (38cm) high, 7-inch (19cm) wide, Carousel over 7-inch (20cm) high, and 7-inch (21cm) wide, Kiosk over 9-inch (24cm) high, 4-inch (12cm) wide, and Train over 3-inch (9cm) high, 9-inch (24cm) long and 3-inch (6cm) wide.
LEGO DUPLO Classic Creative Birthday Party – 59.99
- The great-value LEGO DUPLO Classic Creative Birthday Party (10958) is bursting with colorful bricks and pieces that introduce little builders to hands-on construction and playful learning
- Inspire young imaginations with 200 colorful bricks and fun shapes, including a star and a watermelon; There’s so much in this versatile construction set, kids will never stop playing and learning
- The toddler-friendly bricks combine to create a birthday cake, presents, party food, numbers, and more; Parents can help to build the inspirational builds or anything else they can imagine
- With pieces that are perfect for small hands to pick up and place, this fun learning toy for toddlers is a great gift for holidays, birthdays, or ‘just because’
- This 200-piece set offers unlimited play possibilities; Combine the contents with other LEGO DUPLO sets for even more fun.
LEGO DUPLO Town Barn, Tractor & Farm Animal Care – 59.99
- The LEGO DUPLO Town Barn, Tractor & Farm Animal Care (10952) playset is packed with play-and-learn opportunities for toddlers who love animals and farm vehicles
- Includes a tractor, pig, sheep, horse, dog, hen, rooster, 2 cows, 4 LEGO DUPLO figures, a buildable barn, realistically textured hay bale, and lots of cool accessories
- Kids develop fine motor skills, social and emotional awareness, and imaginative thinking when they play out fun farm activities, such as feeding the animals and riding the horse
- A great holiday, birthday, or ‘just because’ gift for little farmers aged 2 and up who are animal lovers, tractor fans, or just curious kids
- The barn measures over 9 in. (23 cm) high, 7.5 in. (20 cm) wide, and 4 in. (11 cm) deep This versatile playset can be configured in different ways and combined with all other LEGO DUPLO farm toys.
Don’t Forget Your LEGO DUPLO Creative Play Building Plate – 14.99
- The possibilities are limitless with this LEGO DUPLO Green Building Plate
- Children will build, play, and display all of their favorite LEGO creations with this accessory
- Measures 15 inches (38.1cm) x 15 inches (38.1cm)
- The large-format allows your child to build and expand on the world he or she has created.
As you can see, these are some of the best lego Duplo sets, and there are so many more! Believe me, Jayden has a good collection of sets. He also has four of the lego Duplo base plates which work perfectly to help him build his lego Duplo city.
Easy DIY Lego Station
We bought a 4-Cube Bookcase, like the one listed below, and command stickers and attached the baseplates to the shelf lying down. We then bought 13-inch bins to go on the shelf to store all the Legos and a chair where he could play. It’s his own little “Lego station” as he calls it.
I hope you found this post useful and can add some great educational toys to your little one’s collection.
I want to hear from you. Have you bought Lego Duplo Sets for your little one? If so, how did your child benefit from these toys? Feel free to leave comments below, I’m sure other moms would love to hear about your experience.
Thanks for reading my latest post.
Looking for more toys?